The S-30 is the unchallenged state-of-the-art in low power vacuum tube amplifiers. With its simplicity of operation,
small footprint, and all the features of our larger amps, the S-30 represents the high-water mark of compact OTL design.
For those who seek the ultimate in amplifier design the S-30 gives you the
same precision and sound quality for which Atma-Sphere is known. Featuring automatic bias and a large VU meter, operation is elegantly simple.
Because it utilises decades-proven patented handwired circuitry, it is stable with any load and both performs and
sounds better than any single-ended amplifier ever produced, let alone conventional push-pull designs. Its fully-balanced
design and proven class-A triode operation make the S-30 the ideal choice for the discriminating audiophile.
- Balanced Differential Design®
- Class-A operation
- Patented Circlotronic® direct-coupled (OTL) output stage
- Dual-mono chassis construction
- Automatic bias - no adjustment needed
- Built in VU meter for tube and output monitoring
- Easily monostrapped for greatly increased power
- Uses only one gain stage for supreme clarity of sound
- Proprietary precision components used throughout
- Low-noise "star" grounding topology
- Fully hand-wired point-to-point electronics - no circuit boards!
- Stable with all input and load conditions
- Exclusively uses Octal-Triode based vacuum tubes
- Classic open chassis construction with Wrinkletex finish
- Three-year general coverage warranty, one year warranty on output tubes
30 watts per channel into 8 Ω load
45 watts per channel into 16 Ω load
Input Impedance: 100 KΩ single-ended, 200 KΩ balanced
Output Impedance: 7 Ω
3 V sensitivity
RCA and XLR true balanced input
10 x 6AS7G output tube
6 x 6SN7 driver tube
23dB ( for 8 Ω )
2Hz-75KHz within ½ dB
Frequency response( 1 watt, open loop )
20 Hz squarewave Tilt; unmeasureable
1Hz-200KHz within 3 dB
Hum and noise
Less than -75db below 1 watt, -95db below full power (30 watts)
Total Harmonic Distortion ( THD ) typically 1% at full power
Intermodulation ( IM ) distortion typically under .04% at full power
Phase shift less than 1° @ 20KHz
Output section risetime
13" deep x 17" wide x 8" tall ( 33 x 43 x 20 cm )
Weight( without tubes )
24 lbs ( 10.9 kg )
Three year general coverage
One year for output tubes
For all support requests, or any questions about your Atma-Sphere product, contact us directly at (651) 690-2246 or send us an email
Power Supply Boost option
V-Cap Teflon® coupling caps
V-Cap Copper Foil Teflon® coupling caps
Caddock® resistor package
Meter Panel finish options
Brushed anodized black
Brushed anodized silver
Brushed anodized gold
Custom finishes available upon request
Jumper plugs for high efficiency speakers
Replaces tube in the voltage amplifier section of Atma-Sphere
power amplifiers, thus reducing gain for high efficiency speakers.
Recommended when efficiency of speaker is over 100.
Balanced phono cables
1 meter, DIN to XLR or RCA with ground post to XLR
Contact your local dealer
for pricing information.
Or, call (651) 690-2246 or email
us with any questions.